In order to provide the many services that are needed to bring hope and healing to survivors, we rely on the kind assistance of community volunteers.
Volunteers support DOVE Center in a variety of ways including administrative support, shelter assistance, fundraising efforts, community events and outreach, prevention education, and direct client advocacy. Additionally, we would love to utilize your specialized skills. Some volunteer opportunities are described below.
- Community Engagement and Awareness: This team helps raise awareness of DOVE Center and our services by participating in community-based events such as farmers markets and health fairs. Volunteers provide information about our services and related topics such as warning signs of abuse, bystander intervention, and prevention.
- Outreach Center Support: Help out by answering phones, greeting clients, receiving donations, and assisting staff with various projects.
- DOVE House Support: Assist at the shelter by answering the helpline, assisting case managers and resident advocates, and providing general support to families residing in shelter.
- Hospital Advocate Response Team (HART): Hospital advocates provide one-on-one support for rape, sexual assault, and domestic violence victims at the hospital. Advocates receive specialized training to assist victims with emotional support, after-care resources, clothing, and other essential items before they leave the hospital. Hospital advocates also assist with crime victim reparations applications. Hospital advocates are on-call for 12- 24 hours, three or more times a month.
- Other possibilities include: public education, serving on our Board of Trustees, or Board committees working on marketing, communication, development and fundraising, gala preparations, among others.
For questions about volunteerism please contact 435-628-1204