40-Hour Sexual Assault Counselor Training (July 8,9,10,18,19 2019 8:00am – 5:00pm)
The training was carefully developed with input from all sexual violence advocates and programs across the state. More specifically, this course offers the following benefits:
- Meets the requirements outlined in the Utah Confidential Communications Act and requirements set forth by Utah’s funding agencies.
- Gives attendees information and tools to understand the role of sexual violence advocates.
- Supports attendees in recognizing and combating bias – both explicit and implicit.
- Empowers attendees to maintain the dignity of victims.
- Supports attendees in encouraging victim’s self-advocacy and personal decision making throughout the response processes.
- Situates each participant within their role as an advocate and reinforces their responsibility to the agency, its clients, and to victims.
- Certifies volunteers, staff, and community allies as sexual assault advocates – allowing for privileged, confidential communications with clients.
40-Hour Advocate Training
This training ultimately provides the tools advocates need to better facilitate victim assistance, agency collaboration, and a greater understanding of the impact of domestic abuse and sexual violence in our communities. Although required for DOVE staff and volunteers, this course is always open to community members as well.
Training sessions are held over a 10-day stretch of evening classes in a location TBD. Questions? Let us know here.
Registration is now CLOSED.
Trainings typically last 1-2 hours, but can be customized. Training topics include DV/RSA 101, trauma, domestic violence and rape mythology, and the impact of domestic violence on substance abuse. Topics also cover how to serve different DV/RSA survivors, including children, LGBTQ, men and women, immigrants, the elderly, and adolescents. Request a specialized training on our inquiry page.
Help Line: 435-628-0458
Horario de oficina comercial: lunes a jueves de 9 a.m. a 5 p.m. Vie 9 a.m. a 1 p.m. ~ 435-628-1204